On 28 April 2021 GRADnet delivered the online quantum computing workshop to over 35 SEPnet and international delegates. The face-to-face event was unfortunately postponed from April 2020 due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Thank you to Dr Eran Ginossar, Advanced Technology Institute, University of Surrey for delivering this workshop which was described by one of the delegates as “awesome”!
Thank you to our high-profile speakers from around the globe for participating in this event and for covering a variety of topics:
- Dr Michael Stern, Bar-Ilan University: Superconducting Circuits
- Dr Ivan Rungger, National Physical Laboratory: Algorithms/Benchmarking
- Dr Marco Ghibaudi, Riverlane: Software Stack
- Dr Joost Slingerland, Maynooth University: Topological
- Professor Frank Wilhelm-Mauch, Saarland University: Quantum control
- Dr Jaewoo Joo, University of Portsmouth: Quantum Algorithms
- Dr Tobias Lindstrom, National Physical Laboratory: Scaling up QC
Delegates said: “the workshop brought a number of strands together and presented them in a largely understandable form.” They found the speakers “outstanding” and the talks “really informative with lots of pertinent information”. They appreciated the “variety of topics, with good explanations” but wanted an extra day or two!
GRADnet hopes to deliver a physical event in quantum computing in 2022-3 with opportunities for networking hosted by the University of Surrey.