Connecting Industry and Researchers in Physics,
Wednesday, 19 October 2016, University of Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire Sports Village, Hatfield.
SEPnet’s Graduate Network (GRADnet) is organising its 6th networking evening to facilitate greater collaboration and links between industry and physics postgraduate research students (PGRs) and researchers.
Who should attend
- SEPnet PGR students who want to meet businesses and employers from physics-related industries to find out about career opportunities, make contacts and explore research and business ideas.
- SEPnet partner researchers who want to build links with industry to explore how their research can create impact.
- Businesses and employers in physics-related industries interested in recruiting physics graduates.
During the evening
- Hear from panellists including representatives from Culham, Lein Applied Diagnostics, Leonardo, Ultra Electronics, Royal Marsden, Pivigo and GSK talk about the benefits of knowledge exchange and what physics postgraduates and postdocs can offer industry
- Participate in a speed networking session
- Build ongoing relationships between industry and researchers through placements, mentoring or research collaboration
- Find out about work experience and mentoring opportunities;
- Develop your networking and communication skills.
- Refreshments will be provided.
How to register This event is FREE to attend. Places are limited so please book early by clicking on the following link:http://bit.ly/1R9GsmA. (PGR students are requested to attend a networking workshop at 16.00). Registration deadline: 14/10/2016
Banners If you would like to bring a banner for display let us know and we will reserve you a space.
For enquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS EVENT IS SUPPORTED BY THE INSTITUTE OF PHYSICS