SEPnet’s Graduate Network (GRADnet) is organising its 5th networking evening to facilitate greater collaboration and links between industry and physics postgraduate research students (PGRs) and researchers.
Who should attend
- SEPnet PGR students who want to meet businesses and employers from physics-related industries to find out about career opportunities, make contacts and explore research and business ideas.
- SEPnet partner researchers who want to build links with industry to explore how their research can create impact.
- Businesses and employers in physics-related industries interested in recruiting physics graduates.
During the evening
- Hear from panellists David Banks, InSync Technology; Oliver Dewhurst, QinetiQ; Iain Duncan, Mousetrap Innovation; Kathryn Graham, Surrey Satellite Technology, Peter Lancaster, University of Surrey and Jason Lepley, Finmeccanica talk about the benefits of knowledge exchange and what physics postgraduates and postdocs can offer industry
- Participate in a speed networking session
- Build ongoing relationships between industry and researchers through placements, mentoring or research collaboration
- Refreshments will be provided.
How to register This event is FREE to attend. Places are limited so please book early by clicking on the following link: http://bit.ly/1R9GsmA. (PGR students are requested to attend a networking workshop at 16.00).
Banners If you would like to bring a banner for display let us know and we will reserve you a space.
For enquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS EVENT IS SUPPORTED BY THE INSTITUTE OF PHYSICS