Our aim is to promote physics in industry through engagement with employers in the South East of England. That’s why we’re committed to offering businesses access to some of the brightest minds by providing students with opportunities to work for eight weeks in industry.
Why hire a physics graduate?
A physicist is a problem solver. According to the Institute of Physics, “today’s physicists are employed across a broad spectrum of careers because their education and training can be applied to any number of situations, from academia and industry, to consultancy and financial services.” Considering that physics has been recognised as a subject of strategic importance for the UK economy, the benefits are almost limitless.
I’m an employer in the region. What can SEPnet do for me?
We aim to ensure that graduates are qualified to meet industry expectations and that employers know where to find the right candidates. We also consult with an Employer Advisory Panel and companies that recruit physicists into a range of roles. As well as a rich network of leading universities, talented individuals and superb facilities, we can offer:
- A route to access physics students and graduates from nine universities
- Sponsorship and award schemes in partnership with industry
- A fully supported undergraduate placement scheme
- The chance to advertise graduate level vacancies and placements to our large student population, free and confidentially
- Access to Knowledge Transfer Partnerships and knowledge exchange opportunities
- Access to world-class research facilities in the South East of England
- Introductions to award-winning academics at the leading edge of innovation and technology
- Invitations to SEPnet sponsored careers events
- A personalised approach to meet your expectations
If you’re an employer who’d like to be involved and help to grow physics in the South East, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details on employer opportunities, explore the sections listed below: