A SEPnet Networking Event: SEPnet’s Graduate Network (GRADnet) is organising a networking evening to facilitate collaboration and links connecting industry and physics with postgraduate research students and researchers (PGRs)
Wednesday 16 September 17.00-20.00, University of Southampton.
Who should attend
- SEPnet PGR students who want to meet employers from physics-related industries to find out about career opportunities, make contacts and explore research and business ideas.
- SEPnet partner researchers who want to build links with industry to explore how their research can create impact.
- SMEs, businesses and employers in physics-related industries interested in developing links with universities and recruiting physics graduates.
During the evening:
- Hear from panellists Kathie Bowden of Institute for Environmental Analytics and UK Space Agency; Simon Crook of EPSRC; Anke Lohmann, KTN Head of Photonics & Quantum Technologies; Julian Potter of WP Thompson IP; Nick Walker of eOsphere; Andrew Witham of Symetrica and others talk about the benefits of knowledge exchange and what physics postgraduates and postdocs can offer industry.
- Participate in a speed networking session
- Build ongoing relationships between industry and researchers through placements, mentoring or research collaboration
- Refreshments will be provided.
How to register:
This event is FREE to attend. Book early by clicking on the following link: http://bit.ly/1Kr2ij4. For enquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS EVENT IS SUPPORTED BY THE INSTITUTE OF PHYSICS